Seminar on Stochastic Processes 2020
Main Conference: March 5-7, 2020
Tutorial Lectures: March 4, 2020
The Breslin Student Event Center
534 Birch Rd, East Lansing, MI 48824
Kai-Lai Chung Lecture:
Martin Barlow (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Ioana Dumitriu (University of California, San Diego)
Martina Hofmanová (Universität Bielefeld, Germany)
Firas Rassoul-Agha, (University of Utah)
Samy Tindel (Purdue University, Indiana)
On Wednesday, March 4th, there will be two 90-minute tutorials by René Carmona (Princeton University)
Wednesday, March 4
1:00 - 1:30 Check In
Thursday, March 5
9:00 - 9:20 Check In
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break
Friday, March 6
9:30 - 10:30 Ioana Dumitriu (University of California, San Diego)
Saturday, March 7
9:30 - 10:30 Martina Hofmanová (Universität Bielefeld, Germany)
Women in Probability Dinner:
Women in Probability is an organization for women active in probability research. Our primary purpose is to provide networking and mentoring opportunities for early career women. Our activities are funded by the NSF. For more information on Women in Probability and its activities, please visit our website: http://womeninprobability.org.
We will be hosting a dinner on March 4 at the 2020 Seminar on Stochastic Processes. These events are a great opportunity for graduate students and postdocs to interact with more senior researchers. If you’re interested in participating in the dinner should please email Tai Melcher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The closest airport is Lansing Capital Region International Airport (LAN).
One may also fly to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) and then take a Michigan Flyer bus to East Lansing (the duration is about 1 hour 50 minutes). The bus stop is by Marriott Hotel in downtown East Lansing.
For Michigan Flyer schedule and tickets, please see https://www.michiganflyer.com
For transportation from LAN or Michigan Flyer bus-stop to your hotel:
- If you are staying at Kellogg Center or Candlewood Suites, you may contact their front desk to arrange a shuttle to pick you up from the Lansing Airport or the bus in downtown East Lansing.
- You may use Uber or a taxi. Here are some taxi companies:
We have reserved room blocks and rates at the following hotels:
Rooms must be booked by 2/4/2020.
- Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
- Less than 10-minute walking distance to the conference venue
- Rate: $117/night, plus taxes
- Click here to view booking information for the Kellogg Center
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott East Lansing University Area
- About 15-minute walking distance to the conference venue
- Rate: $134/night, plus taxes
- Click here to book online at SpringHill Suites
- Candlewood Suites
- A shuttle will be arranged to and from the venue
- Rate: $95/night, plus taxes
- Click here to book online at Candlewood Suites
For supported student participants, the default option is to share a hotel room with two beds and one bathroom. Supported students who prefer not to share a room will be responsible to cover half of the room charges on their own.
If a student needs help to find a roommate, please contact email@example.com.
Financial Support for Participants:
This conference is being supported with funds from the National Science Foundation. Graduate students, early-career researchers, women and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applications received by January 20, 2020 will receive first consideration. Decisions concerning support will be made by February 10, 2020.